Our Wellness Spa offers an on-site allergy clinic to diagnose and treat allergies. We can test for the cause of that persistent running nose or that rash that you get every spring.
We will discuss the types of symptoms you are experiencing and then perform allergy testing on you to verify the allergens causing the symptoms. Testing may include skin tests and/or blood tests. For skin tests, we utilize percutaneous skin tests. Percutaneous testing involves making a small (painless) scratch on the skin and exposing an allergen directly to this scratch. We then wait approximately 15 minutes to see which allergen have created red bumps on the skin. Those that create bumps are your allergens and the larger the bump, the greater the sensitivity to this allergen.
Once we know the cause of the symptoms, we can work on treating the allergy and increasing your quality of life.
Your Allergies with Wellness at the Spa
Allergies are common. Symptoms can range from stuffy/runny nose, skin rashes, stomach cramps, nausea and insomnia, as well as more intense issues like trouble breathing and asthma. Whether you are suffering from seasonal allergies, food allergies, or any other form of allergies, we can help solve your problems. Allergies can be induced from many different triggers. You may suffer from one or more of the following types of allergies:
- Food allergy – such as eggs, nuts, milk, etc.
- Outdoor allergies – such as pollen, grass, bug bites or stings, etc.
- Indoor allergies – dust, dust mites, feathers, pets, etc.
- Other irritants – perfume, car exhaust, cold air etc.
Preparing for Your Allergy Appointment
When coming in for your allergy testing, please do the following before or during the testing period:
- antihistamines, montelukast, antidepressants or high-dose long-term steroids should be stopped, depending on the medication, three to 14 days before the day of testing.
- asthma medications or short bursts of oral steroids may be continued, as they will not affect the results
- do not wear any scented products to the office on the day of testing
- provide a list of medications you are taking
Allergy BundleDependent on Insurance Plan
No More Allergies!!!